Enterprise resource planning (ERP) is business process management software that allows an organization to use a system of integrated applications to manage the business and automate many back office functions related to technology, services and human resources. ERP software integrates all facets of an operation — including product planning, development, manufacturing, sales and marketing — in a single database, application and user interface.
Odoo has seen a remarkable growth in the past few years, especially in the Asian and European markets and the credit largely goes to the product itself. But if you have doubts in your mind whether to go for it or not, this blog might of help to you. Here we have outlined a few reasons why you should adopt Odoo for your business.
For its terrific User-Interface:
Flaunting a simple design, Odoo’s interface is elegant. The upgraded version is launched with a totally new look. You can go for the latest version where experiments had been done with the theme color to make it comfortable to the eyes and other changes to get a great user-interface.
You get comprehensive features:
Odoo comes with more than one thousand modules and opting it would definitely boost productivity and hence generate more work for your business. Odoo ERP has lots of functionalities on offer and therefore a careful assessment for acquiring the right system configuration is necessary for effortless business processes.
You get a modular platform:
Easy to use interface along with add on features makes Odoo modules really simpler to use and upgrade. There is a lot to choose from. You can find modules that you need for your business and can also opt for integrated solutions.
Start with a few basic modules and as you proceed further you can integrate more modules within your system. The business app suite offers quite a number of modules that you can employ when required as the modular approach lets you add more applications and modules later.
The software is highly flexible as it can be customized to suit your business requirements. It supports the changes that are needed for organizations to survive in the highly competitive environment. Continuous innovations and scalability are the two vital features which makes Odoo a suitable platform for your business.
You get a cost-effective solution:
Odoo has a relatively low cost of ownership. Initial investments seem to be a bit taxing but post implementation it drastically reduces costs. People using this software are mostly of the opinion that once integrated the cost tags are born mostly by labor and project management. However it is our advice that either you gain the expertise by yourself or get an Odoo development company which has good technical knowhow for your projects to run smoothly. Similar to other enterprise systems, professional experts can do it best. It can ground any high flying project if not taken care of properly. The total cost of ownership or TCO of Odoo is very low and you can surely save some of your resources here. You get better technology and functionalities which compensates for the initial cost and also there are other tangible and intangible benefits which make Odoo a cost-effective solution.
No-Vendor Lock In:
ODOO is open source software and any one can freely download and install it. You would not require a licensing fee to use Odoo and hence there are a large number of users as well as coders associated with this enterprise resource planning and management tool. Any developer or technician with a working knowledge of the platform can customise Odoo. The open source platform is not controlled by a specific group of people. Also, your tech team can customise the source code and apply their own patches for enhancing the functionality of your system, fixing any recognised bugs or to customize it according to your requirements.
Enjoy constant updates:
ODOO is freeware with dedicated following of developers that ensure technological upgradations from time to time. The upgraded technologies help your business immensely as they are capable of adapting to the latest paradigms.
It offers wide functionality:
Even if you aren’t able to invest a lot of money into your business, you can still develop a quality business solution for your business through Odoo. It further facilitates efficient operations within your business processes. With Odoo, you can manage multiple aspects of your business including warehouse management, accounting, project management, sales, manufacturing, customer relationship management, purchases, human resource planning, contracts management, subscription management, invoices, payments, and others. All of this you can customize to align with your requirements.
Upgraded message functionalities:
As Odoo is constantly improving with its updates, the new versions now allow you to see a list of messages and other things happening within the organization. It just works the way social media sites works to keep a track of your friends. You can get relevant people join the group and communicate directly using this feature, ensuring better enterprise wide communication and collaboration.
If you have open source applications and are ready to invest some money in your business software, then Odoo can be a great system to work on and integrate in your business as much as possible. The benefit of a single application suite is the native integration capability without any third party integration solution. And if you are not sure you can handle the server management for running Odoo you can always go for the hosted solution.
There are many advantages to implementing an Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) software solution. Among countless other advantages, implementing ERP software can improve productivity, increase efficiencies, decrease costs and streamline processes. Let’s look at 15 of the most common benefits of an ERP system that companies have reported after implementation.
1) Competition: It’s true that ERP software requires a major investment, but there’s also an even bigger cost in not making the investment. While some manufacturers choose to stick to the tried and true methods of the past, others seek technology solutions. Manufacturers cannot afford to put off an ERP implementation while their competition invests in ERP and starts reaping the many benefits we’ll touch on below.
2) Efficiency: An ERP solution eliminates repetitive processes and greatly reduces the need to manually enter information. The system will also streamline business processes and make it easier and more efficient for companies to collect data, no matter what department they’re working in.
3) Forecasting: Enterprise resource planning software gives your users, and especially managers, the tools they need to create more accurate forecasts. Since the information within ERP is as accurate as possible, businesses can make realistic estimates and more effective forecasts.
4) Collaboration: Nobody wants to run a siloed business with each department functioning separate from the other. Collaboration between departments is a crucial and often necessary part of the business. With the data entered into ERP systems being centralized and consistent, there’s no reason why departments can’t work together. The software also touches on almost every aspect of a business, thus naturally encouraging collaborative, interdepartmental efforts.
5) Scalability: Did you know? Structured ERP systems allow the addition of new users and functions to grow the initially implemented solution over time. When your business is ready to grow or needs more resources, enterprise resource planning software should be able to facilitate that growth.
6) Integrated Information: No more issues with data spread across separate databases; all information will be housed in a single location. This means you can integrate platforms like your CRM software with the ERP system, keeping data consistent, accurate, and unique. Know your customer, their orders, and your inventory, all in one place.
7) Cost Savings: With one source of accurate, real-time information, ERP software reduces administrative and operations costs. It allows manufacturers to proactively manage operations, prevents disruptions and delays, breaks up information logjams and helps users make decisions more quickly. If you’ve chosen the right solution for your business, and the right vendor who meets your needs, you’re bound to see a powerful ROI.
8) Streamlined Processes: As manufacturers grow, their operations become more and more complex. Manufacturing software automates business operations cross-departmentally, providing accurate, real-time information to everyone utilizing the solution. ERP increases efficiency and productivity by helping users navigate complex processes, preventing data re-entry, and improving functions such as production, order completion and delivery. Streamlined, efficient processes throughout.
9) Mobility: An advantage of ERP solutions like odoo ERP software is having access to a centralized database from anywhere you work. Home, office, wherever, through our mobile-friendly solution and application.
10) Reporting: ERP software helps make reporting easier and more customizable. With improved reporting capabilities, your company can respond to complex data requests more easily. Users can also run their own reports without relying on help from IT, saving your users time to use toward other projects.
11) Productivity: Save time and increase productivity levels. Sound too good to be true? It’s not with ERP software. By having redundant processes automated, users have more time to work on other pressing projects and tasks. They’ll also be able to work easier since the solution was designed for ease-of-use.
12) Regulatory Compliance: A benefit of ERP software which sometimes goes unnoticed is how it ties well into regulatory compliance in the manufacturing industry. Powerful ERP solutions will keep track of regulations within the industry and monitor changes in compliance.
13) Flexibility: Modern ERP software systems are robust, flexible, and configurable. They are not a one-size-fits-all proposition but can be tailored to the unique needs of a business. ERP systems also can adapt to the ever-changing needs of a growing business, ensuring you won’t have to buy a new solution once your needs change or your business grows.
14) Customer Service: It’s easier to provide high-quality customer service using an enterprise solution, especially when you’re using one as well-equipped as odoo ERP. Sales and customer service people can interact with customers better and improve relationships with them through faster, more accurate access to customers’ information and history. You’ll also have access to marketing automation and contact center software, ensuring your customers are being interacted with consistently.
15) Security: Data security isn’t a worry when you have an enterprise resource planning solution in place. A new system will improve the accuracy, consistency, and security of data, all through built-in resources and firewalls. Restrictions to data can also be enhanced by managers of the solution, so you can make your own software as secure as you’d like.
Convinced? Ready to learn more, or just have questions? Contact us today. Our ERP solution experts are ready and willing to answer all your questions and help you get started on selecting the right solution for your business.